Saturday, May 9, 2015

Day 6

Yesterday we went to the ranch around 12:30. We started working Disco almost immediately cause my friend Gia was over and wanted to see how much better he was doing. Everything went by really fast until sending... When I started sending he was not going through with energy then when he would he wouldn't yield good so it took awhile for him to get better but he finally did get the hang of it. After sending my dad wanted to play with him so I let my dad have him so he could work a little more on sending and to teach him turn and go, on turn and go you put the lead on the other side of the horse put it about half way down his back legs and desensitize him to the rope being there. Once he is ok with the lead on him you step back, pull on the lead to get him to turn around, then send him out in a circle. He did really good at that and didn't struggle at all on the turn, he was a little sticky on the circle cause he wanted to give my dad two eyes but my dad made him go out and move his feet. After my dad finished I went back in and desensitized Disco to the lead rope and the stick and string. My dad took him back to his corral with no problems at all, he walked out of the roundpen and into his pen without a fuss. He is getting much better! :D







2 comments:

  1. Love your posts! Do you own the ranch as it sounds like you drive to it every day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do own it, it's only 15 miles away from our house.

    Melia

    ReplyDelete